Missing folders on local network

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
sirach
New Cone
New Cone

Missing folders on local network

Postby sirach » 29 Nov 2019 13:55

Hi, I just installed VLC player on my fire stick tv. In local network I see different locations ( like my Pc, laptop and NAS external HD).

Alas, when I select my NAS, I only see SOME FOLDERS, not all of them .... I see 2 folders where I should see like 5 or 6

I can play media without any problem from the folders I see but why can't I see the other folders ??

On my PC VLC sees everything without any problems.

Thank you.

PS: When I browse local network, I see my Dlink ( NAS) 3 times ?? I don't know why....

csnagyg
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Missing folders on local network

Postby csnagyg » 29 Feb 2020 02:23

HI, sorry to reply here but I just registered and can not find a way to start a new post so I searched for something that is similar to my problem: I installed VLC 3.2.6 on my Fire TV and it does not see any folders of my local network, especially my NAS from which I would want to stream videos to the TV. If anyone can help pls do, thanks!

sup
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Missing folders on local network

Postby sup » 19 Mar 2020 18:42

I have the same problem on Adnroid trying to play files on my computer via samba. Another samba aware app on my phone like Ghost commander see all the files, VLc just some of them. It seems to be some kind of a caching issue, because when I create a new folder and put the missing files there and do it once more, the files appear.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”