VLC DirectShow Stream to File Doesn't Create File

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
3Rton
New Cone
New Cone

VLC DirectShow Stream to File Doesn't Create File

Postby 3Rton » 11 Aug 2019 23:55

So basically I'm trying to use DirectShow with usb converter device to stream video+audio to a file. However, I'm either getting no video or the file isn't being created.
What settings am I supposed to pick here??

Windows 10 64-bit
VLC 3.0.4 Vetinari (I'm trying in the latest version now too but doesn't seem to make a difference)
I've mostly tried picking the suffix (e.g. .mpg) and then matching it to Transcoding profile (e.g. MPEG4 TV/Device)
I've tried .asf .mpg .ogg... and I'm losing my mind. No combination seems to both create the file and have both video+audio.

Any help please I'm going crazy : (
The code I'm getting right now is:

Code: Select all

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=800,scale=Auto,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100,scodec=none}:duplicate{dst=file{dst=F:\\\\Streaming\\\\VHS_Converts\\\\Documents.ts,no-overwrite},dst=display} :no-sout-all :sout-keep

wnderer
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC DirectShow Stream to File Doesn't Create File

Postby wnderer » 14 Aug 2019 16:06

I can't get 3.0.7.1 to work with DirectShow either. I can get VLC 2.2.1 to work with some difficulty. You need to figure out what the settings are and then set them up in Tools/Preferences/Advanced Settings and reboot VLC. You can find the settings by selecting the device properties box in the Advanced Options section of Open Capture Device (My capture device needs audio on input pin 4). You then need to try Open Capture Device several times before it works properly. I just use record to save files. I tested my capture device with VirtualDub but VirtualDub won't save the files for me. Here are my selections in the necessary dialogs.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”