.ts file question

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
G

.ts file question

Postby G » 23 Nov 2003 16:52

anyone has any idea what kind of file is it? i suppose its a video file, if it is so, can vlc play it?

thank you

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 23 Nov 2003 17:25

This is a MPEG-TS (Transport Stream) file.

This kind of file is rather intended to be streamed on a network than played locally, but VLC can read them.

Please note that VLC is almost the only player that will be able to read it, however.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

G

Postby G » 23 Nov 2003 18:34

actually i did try to play it in vlc, but i got this error message (from the Messages panel with verbose output):

Code: Select all

main error: failed allocating a new buffer (decoder stuck?)
it opened a window which i think the same size as the video, but then it won't show anything else.

any clue?

-G

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2003 20:39

actually i did try to play it in vlc, but i got this error message (from the Messages panel with verbose output):

Code: Select all

main error: failed allocating a new buffer (decoder stuck?)
it opened a window which i think the same size as the video, but then it won't show anything else.
-G
What is your CPU horsepower ?

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 25 Nov 2003 02:12

Try moving it to your Harddisk. These errors usually happen when VLC is reading from a CD with a small crack in it or when reading from Windows shares and stuff like that.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

G

Postby G » 26 Nov 2003 15:27

its a 2.2GHz celeron with 256MB DDR2100 RAM running windows xp pro. i'm sort of a minimalist, so my windows xp environment is comparatively fast (no eye candies, classic theme, minimal services, etc). i tried upping vlc's priority but no good results. and the file is on the hard disk.

-G

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”