Since the update, won't play from discs

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
folkie46
New Cone
New Cone

Since the update, won't play from discs

Postby folkie46 » 17 Jun 2019 21:02

I have recently gotten two updates and now have 3.0.7.1. With the first one I had the problem with it flickering green and red, and fixed that with the solution given here, but now it will only play the audio and video not at all. Is this a problem with this version?

corey
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Since the update, won't play from discs

Postby corey » 18 Jun 2019 00:59

do you still have 2.2.8? If you do reinstall that one see if it resolves your issues. I have zero luck with anything post versions 2.2.8

when installing different versions I would suggest selecting option to delete cache and preferences. Sometimes they don't transfer well and mess things up .

It is easier to fix things from a default factory install especially when requesting help on how to resolve it.

Personally, beyond that I can say that VLC has some major issues post version 2.2.8 but the problem is you need to keep upgrading to deal with new formats, new DRM schemes, New menu systems on movie disks, patches for old problems, etc.

personally, I think they are releasing the newer versions too soon as stable. Or allowing major bugs to pass just to get a newer version out. I don't know the internal politics of the VLC current leadership.

I do know I have had to look for alternate players because VLC nolonger "just works". I found an alternative that deals with multiple issues that VLC was NOT able to resolve under current developers.
-------------

For VLC ADmins Both DVD versions THe HBO Movie "The Tale" And Liongate TV show "APB" DOES NOT play on any version of VLC 2.2.8 and on. I don't know About earlier versions.

I know for fact there is an issue"S" with VLC specifically. because I was able to get two other Free players to play them. One of those is from South Korea, with added codecs during instillation and some setup was required to play video and audio clearly.

VLC is no longer a it "just works" catagory of players.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”