How can I play without screensavers ?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
senor
New Cone
New Cone

How can I play without screensavers ?

Postby senor » 15 Sep 2018 01:17

I had noted earlier that since 3.0.3, screensavers start to show up if video is paused for an longer while & laptop even goes into sleep mode. This is somewhat tolerable.

Few days ago, I was watching an video downloaded from youtube on VLC - was an 2hr odd video. I wasn't near the laptop but was watching it from an distance while working on something else, all of a sudden I get screensaver while the audio keeps on playing.. I thought to myself - What ??? May be something happened, so moved my mouse & same thing happened after another 5 mins later after another 5 mins. I got fedup of it & closed the vlc. This prob isn't there in all the videos though, the same file played on other media players with out an issue.

VLCwin7User
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How can I play without screensavers ?

Postby VLCwin7User » 15 Sep 2018 03:15

Since the VLC 3 series has come out, if the video window is not embedded within the player, screensavers kick in. It's a huge regression as far as I'm concerned. However, I think the VLC folks consider it a low priority bug.
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/20319

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”