3.0.1 seems to have bugs

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Bowdon
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

3.0.1 seems to have bugs

Postby Bowdon » 02 Apr 2018 01:38

I've used VLC for as long as I can remember and 3.0.1 is the first version I've had problems with.

If I play a video and I go in to the settings to tick the box for rotation the video image stops playing (audio continues). If I tick it and save the setting then close vlc and re-open it again to play a video then it just shows a blank screen but with sound playing. As soon as I untick rotation the video plays fine again.

It's the same with interactive zoom. If I tick the box the video image stops playing and no zoom box appears. Unticking it plays the video image again.

Audio doesn't seem affected by either of these bugs.

Kapparina
New Cone
New Cone

Re: 3.0.1 seems to have bugs

Postby Kapparina » 02 Apr 2018 05:31

Hello

I have similar issue when i want to rotate a video nothing happens if someone know how to fix that ^^
(Should I make my own post ?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit : After search (don't hurt me) there is few post for my problems
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit : https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143183 In this post it's seem to be fixed but ...
Fr

Bowdon
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: 3.0.1 seems to have bugs

Postby Bowdon » 02 Apr 2018 18:19

No problem posting on the thread :)

I wonder if something like that is happening to me, the portrait/landscape thing, as I'm sure the zoom worked at one point but now stopped.

I hope they fix the bugs soon. I would have thought the zoom and rotate features would have been tested more.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”