Some songs in playlist not found - possible effect of update to ver 2.5.12

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
ralphthecat
New Cone
New Cone

Some songs in playlist not found - possible effect of update to ver 2.5.12

Postby ralphthecat » 08 Dec 2017 02:39

For quite some time I have been using WPL playlists to play my mp3 and wma files on my Nexus 6P under Android OS. Recently VLC has not been able to find some of the songs in some of my playlists. But the songs are on the phone and VLC has them listed on its SONGS tab and VLC will play them if selected from the SONGS tab. I can also browse to the location of the song and play it. The playlists have worked well in the past. I maintain a parallel directory structure on my pc and phone and use relative addressing to identify the files in the playlists. This way I can move my playlists from the PC to the phone and still have them work (subject to changing \ to / in the file paths). I could find no pattern to the songs that can't be found lately. For instance, the first song below could be found, but the second couldn't:
<body>
<seq>
<media src="../Amazon MP3/Florida Georgia Line/Dig Your Roots/01-04- HOLY.mp3" tid="{CCBA5574-6F04-494A-9042-705ECF8554AA}"/
<media src="../Amazon MP3/Florida Georgia Line/Dig Your Roots/01-06- May We All [feat Tim McGraw].mp3" tid="{09C1361B-4ACA-47BC-9D68-DA4576B015C8}"/>
</seq>
</body>
[Note - the tid field is meaningful only to Windows Media Player and is ignored by VLC}
Could the problem be due to something in the recent new releases of VLC Android?

I am currently using VLC 2.5.12 and Android 8.0.0.

Secondary questions:
Where can I see a list of release versions and dates for VLC Android?
Since VLC plays WPL playlists, why doesn't VLC list them on its PLAYLISTS tab?
When you create a playlist in VLC Android, is it stored in a file? Where? In what format?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Some songs in playlist not found - possible effect of update to ver 2.5.12

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 12 Dec 2017 00:42

1) this is an issue because of the "[" and "]" in the files.

2) WPL will arrive in the next update.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”