screenshots & recordings save to the directory of currently viewing file.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
SP1200
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

screenshots & recordings save to the directory of currently viewing file.

Postby SP1200 » 14 Oct 2017 17:12

Is there a command to make screenshots and capture recordings to save to the directory of the currently viewing file?

Humm. Sorry if I'm not posting in the right place, I'm new to VLC. Let me try to explain better.

Say I'm watching a video 1234.mp4 from path C:/video/1234 movie/
And I'm taking snaps and also recording clips.

Is there a way to set up VLC to save those files to the originating directory of the movie?
It would just be nice to not have to goo all around rounding up different files in different places.

Thanks guys.

CineMan
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: screenshots & recordings save to the directory of currently viewing file.

Postby CineMan » 14 Oct 2017 22:24

you can change the path where the snaps are saved by tools/preferences/video tab and directory under video snapshots. Browse to where you want to save

Change where video clips are saved by tools/preferences/input codec tab and record directory or file name.Browse to where you want to save

But I am not sure if you want every video watched to have a different path for snaps/clips? Don't think so

SP1200
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: screenshots & recordings save to the directory of currently viewing file.

Postby SP1200 » 16 Oct 2017 07:11

I'm wanting any snaps or recording of a video to automatically be saved to that videos main folder without having to change settings.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”