How to edit/modify jamendo.lua, to add a new category?

*nix specific usage questions
MarEden
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

How to edit/modify jamendo.lua, to add a new category?

Postby MarEden » 14 Aug 2016 21:58

I see no other posts in this gnu/linux-related forum, and a post in another (not linux) sub-forum only shows that jamendo.lua should be 'modified' by the user -- but unfortunately the other post didn't mention where this file is, in the filesystem, and searching from terminal, gives only this:

Code: Select all

~ > locate jamendo.lua /usr/lib/vlc/lua/playlist/jamendo.luac /usr/lib/vlc/lua/sd/jamendo.luac
In case the post had an erroneous extension, I did try opening these files in a text editor, but in spite of their size, the editor shows only one or two control-characters, followed by blank space. So, it seems a .luac file is not the same as a .lua file ... if a .lua file gives the same result when opened, it's it's not a text file, and so it's not amenable to modification in a text editor?

What I'm trying to do is add jamendo's Classical category, which seems to be missing from the default set of jamendo musical categories, that appears in VLC. I know the stream exists, because it is seen on, plays from the jamendo web site. I'd like to use the audio equalizer in VLC, hence the request for help to play it through VLC.

:?: Could someone please tell me where jamendo.lua is located on my system (Linux Mint 17.3), how accomplish the modification (if not with a text editor, then with what else?), and if it's not self-apparent once the file is open, what to do and where to do it.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: How to edit/modify jamendo.lua, to add a new category?

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 14 Aug 2016 23:17

jamendo.lua is in the VLC source code. jamendo.luac is the tokenized/"compiled" version.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”