VLS 3.xxx Installation Failure

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dreadLocks
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLS 3.xxx Installation Failure

Postby dreadLocks » 31 May 2016 23:49

Hello,

I installed VLC 2.xxxx on WINDOWS from the website using an installer, it worked fine.

Then I read about the nightly update which is VLC Version 3.xxxxx that has some feature i need, so I downloaded that.

Since the nightly builds doesnt seem to have an installer, I just unzipped and copied the files over the old VLC 2.xxx install.

Now when I try to use the VLC Version 3.xxx in my Visual Studio C++ 2015, it keeps telling me that the ActiveX component is not registered (it was registered when I use the activeX for Version 2xxxx)

Does anybody know how I register the new active-X for VLC version 3.xxxxx because I dont see an installer for it, just a bunch of files.

Thanks

dreadLocks
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLS 3.xxx Installation Failure

Postby dreadLocks » 01 Jun 2016 00:58

UPDATE: I uninstalled VLC 2.xxx and reinstalled VLC 3.xxx using the 3.xxx installer, but same result, Visual Studio says that the active X control is not registered on this computer when I try to place the VLC component on my dialog box. then it will not allow me to place it in my dialog box.

Any idea whats going on?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”