Can only output one stream

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Fumio
New Cone
New Cone

Can only output one stream

Postby Fumio » 03 Jun 2015 01:58

Hello I'm absolutely new to VLC and am using version 2.2.1. Here is my Situation. I have a series of seven videos with extension .ogg and all play perfectly in the VLC. I want to convert them to mp4 files to play on my tablet. The first four files I attempted to convert were successful. None of the last three will convert properly, the audio is always missing.
I have checked and all seven videos, they show the following makeup: video Xiph.org Theora(theo) and audio Vorbis Audio(Vorb).
The four successful conversions used the H264 + Mp3(Mp4) and the indivdual codec shown in the profile are Video: H264 Audio: Mpeg audio.
I have tried to change the profile to various configurations but still no audio is produced in the conversion. Looking at the information for the failed files I see that only one stream(video) has been produced as opposed to two streams in the successful conversions.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled VLC with same result.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fumio
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Can only output one stream

Postby Fumio » 03 Jun 2015 22:52

Hello: I have not been able to solve my VLC problem, in fact I cannot recreate the success I had with the first four files, none of them will now convert with audio. However, what I did to get the files into an avi format was the following: first, Convert in MP4/mov encapulation(video_file) then convert for mp3 using (wav) encapulation, and mp3 audio codec(audio_file)
Then I joined these two files in Microsoft Movie maker(movie_wmv) and converted the wmv file to divx(which is avi) using the Divx converter.
Still hopeful that someone can steer me in the right direction to resolve my VLC problem.
Until then I hope this workaround may help some one.
Fumio

Fumio
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Fumio » 04 Jun 2015 02:40

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=111641
check out the above link for an adjustment in FFmpeg setting. This allowed my version of VLC to finally run through a conversion when I try to encode to MPEG 4 Audio (AAC) / (MP4A) using the MP4/MOV Encapsulation & MPEG 4 Audio ( AAC ) codec. Prior to making this adjustnent I got the error: Streaming / Transcoding failed: VLC could not open the encoder.
Sadly, I still have no audio in the output file,

Fumio
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Fumio » 04 Jun 2015 20:26

update: Still no solution to VLC 2.2.1 not producing audio (except for the first four files I used it for) Decided to install VLC 2.1.5 still did not work. Thinking something wrong with my computer win7 64 bit. I tried both 32 and 64 bit in my failed attempts, so I installed VLC2.1.5 on a vista machine and the conversions were flawless. When I get time I will try 2.2.1 on the vista machine. What could have happened that 2.2.1 worked originally on Win7 machine but now does not?

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby kodela » 04 Jun 2015 22:25

Use the version 2.1.5.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”