Size of window out of control.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dntknwhw2b
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: newest
Operating System: Win 7 SP1

Size of window out of control.

Postby dntknwhw2b » 29 May 2015 04:41

Maybe I'm just some kind of dummy. But I can not figure out how to keep my player the same size each time I open a video. Most of the time the right and bottom of the player is off of the desktop and the player is taking up about 85% of the screen. Is there a work around where each time I open VL player? It will remain the size that I want it to be no matter the format of the video.

Thanks!
dntknwhw2b // Don't Know How Too Be // It's still better than a wanna-be.

dntknwhw2b
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: newest
Operating System: Win 7 SP1

Re: Size of window out of control.

Postby dntknwhw2b » 11 Jul 2015 00:10

Well it is still doing the same problem. I open a video file and the screen (Not in full screen.) It opens in a large window, where a big portion of the window is off of the desktop, to the right and bottom of the desktop. I can not figure a way to get VLC to open in a small screen. I have to use the pointer, grab the left top corner and force the screen down in size. Then when I click on the media library. VLC immediately goes to the correct size. Should I grab the window and drag it to the top of the desktop it goes to fullscreen all on it's own. Pulling it away and it returns to it's regular size.
So why is VLC opening in such a large screen, off center, and always in need of being re-sized. Do I have something in preferences turned on or off that is the cause of this?
dntknwhw2b // Don't Know How Too Be // It's still better than a wanna-be.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”