Audio Fingerprinting

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
senior
New Cone
New Cone

Audio Fingerprinting

Postby senior » 05 Sep 2014 15:33

Using VLC 2.1.5 on Win 7 Pro x64

I've installed Rincewind on a new PC and cannot use the fingerprinting function for audio. With the previous PC playing an MP3 and selecting ctrl/i and then "fingeprinting" this would bring acceptable results in most cases or just none. Now when I do the same (playing an MP3, pressing ctrl/i and then "Fingerabdruck" (the German equivalent for fingerprinting) VLC opens a new window (as before) titled "Audio Fingerprinting" showing the progress slider and the words "Fingerprinting track..." but VLC enters an endless loop without any further option. The only possibility to get out of this is to click on the small "x" in the upper right-hand corner of this window. The window is closing but the window underneath is grayed out and VLC continues in the endless loop. When clicking on the small "x" in the upper right-hand corner of this window a new window opens, displaying (in German) something like "VLC Media Player 2.1.5 does not work any longer. Because of a problem the program is not executed properly. The program will be closed and you will be notified when a solution has been found."

Is this a bug or do I have to change the settings of VLC (which ones)?

Greetings,
senior

(edited once)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”