VLC stops when i look at a new folder

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
joshdenyer
New Cone
New Cone

VLC stops when i look at a new folder

Postby joshdenyer » 04 Jul 2012 09:53

Hi everyone,

So when i'm in the "My Music" section of "My Computer" (as seen in the menu on the left of VLC), and playing something, it stops when i select a new folder. I have to double click the folder, which stops whatever is playing and 'loads' the folder. All that happens is the icon changes and now I have to double click it again, or single click the new little arrow icon to expand the folder and view what's in it. Its really annoying because I usually just want to look! For example:

Listening to song, lalalala, its nearly over
hmm maybe ill listen to something off this album next
click it
music stops, wtf????

Really annoying!
So is there any way to keep playing when i do this? I dont mind the double double click although it seems pretty redundant, but stopping playing when i just look at the contents of a different folder? I assume its like VLC runs faster by not loading the contents of every folder, only until you actually want to play something from one. Which is great, but what, it can't do two things at once?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and apologies if this has been asked and answered before (im sure it has!)
josh

whk102
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC stops when i look at a new folder

Postby whk102 » 16 Dec 2020 17:08

Same problem in ubuntu 20.04 LTS using snap package manager.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”