video overlays would be great

Feature requests for VLC.
petgun
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby petgun » 10 Sep 2005 13:43

hi,
Marq and, I believe, logo, are already exposed -- accessible for on-the-fly changes.
logo overlay is imo not accessible for on-the-fly changes...but it would be great: I use VLC for a DBox-Netstream and can watch the video...but I miss the OSD-Framebuffer which can be periodical/action triggered stored as a *.png
Display the OSD-Frambuffer as a logo overlay works very fine but how can I force VLC to refresh the logo? I have to restart VLC to read the logo..

example VLC-screenshot with a transparent logo/OSD overlay:

so it would be very great if its possible to force VLC to refresh/read the logo (periodical) without to restart VLC...and if the path to the logo.png could be a networkpath..e.g. http://*** or ftp://***

cu,
peter

CTNT

OSD runtime display

Postby CTNT » 15 Sep 2005 17:06

I wonder how to get that runtime info to stick as a on screen display timeline. I figured that something similar to subfilter "Time" could be used?

When you fast forward using hotkeys (Alt+right/left arrow) the current time and runtime shows, works perfect, but how to make it show all the time?

I need this to work when I use second monitor (TV) in fullscreen mode.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 16 Sep 2005 17:05

I think if you call the VLC variable in which the path to the logo is saved, then the callback attached to it, can update the logo.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

petgun
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby petgun » 16 Sep 2005 19:40

I think if you call the VLC variable in which the path to the logo is saved, then the callback attached to it, can update the logo.
sorry, I dunno how to do that...I would prefer a more user friendly VLC integrated solution e.g. with a slider for update intervall time :-)

petgun
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby petgun » 24 Oct 2005 14:28

what is the name of the 'VLC variable'? I am still looking for that feature and if the path to the logo.png could be a networkpath, it would also be possible to view eg. live Webcam Pictures...

petgun
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby petgun » 30 Jan 2006 14:52

is it really so hard to realize a 'Live-Logo' function?

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”