Infos for cross-compiling VLC for Win32 under Debian Etch

*nix specific usage questions
Callisto
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Infos for cross-compiling VLC for Win32 under Debian Etch

Postby Callisto » 20 Nov 2006 12:45

OK, I succeeded in cross-compiling VLC for Win32 using Debian Etch. Here are the following steps I did:

1. install mingw32 -> make sure you install version 3.4.5...otherwise you get linking errors
2. install latest win32 libs (contrib-20061119-win32-bin-gcc-3.4.5-only.tar.bz2) from /pub/testing/win32 directory from download.videolan.org.
3. install additional needed libs like libtool, sysutils (dos2unix), pkg-config
4. download vlc-trunk using svn (ATTENTION: with the latest vlc-trunk from 2006/11/20 I got errors when cross-compiling VLC. I used instead the vlc-trunk from 2006/11/17 which works without problems)
4a. Here is the error message that I got using the latest vlc-trunk:
libffmpeg_plugin.a(libffmpeg_plugin_a-scale.o): In function `CloseScaler__0_8_6c':/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec/ffmpeg/scale.c:199: undefined reference to `_sws_freeFilter'
libffmpeg_plugin.a(libffmpeg_plugin_a-scale.o): In function `OpenScaler__0_8_6c':/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec/ffmpeg/scale.c:156: undefined reference to `_sws_getDefaultFilter'
:/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec/ffmpeg/scale.c:169: undefined reference to `_sws_freeFilter'
libffmpeg_plugin.a(libffmpeg_plugin_a-scale.o): In function `Filter':/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec/ffmpeg/scale.c:289: undefined reference to `_sws_scale_ordered'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[6]: *** [libffmpeg_plugin.dll] Fehler 1
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec/ffmpeg'
make[5]: *** [all-modules] Fehler 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec/ffmpeg'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec'
make[3]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules/codec'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new/modules'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk-new'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
bendeb4rc1@t3010:~/VLC/vlc-trunk-new$
5. execute ./bootstrap
6. execute the following configure script:

Code: Select all

PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/win32/lib/pkgconfig \ CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/win32/include -I/usr/win32/include/ebml" \ LDFLAGS=-L/usr/win32/lib \ CC=i586-mingw32msvc-gcc CXX=i586-mingw32msvc-g++ \ JAVA=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_09/bin/java \ JAVAC=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_09/bin/javac \ ./configure \ --host=i586-mingw32msvc \ --build=i386-linux \ --disable-gtk \ --enable-nls \ --enable-sdl \ --with-sdl-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --enable-ffmpeg \ --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame \ --with-ffmpeg-faac \ --with-ffmpeg-zlib \ --enable-faad \ --enable-flac \ --enable-theora \ --with-wx-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-freetype-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-fribidi-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --enable-live555 \ --with-live555-tree=/usr/win32/live.com \ --enable-caca \ --with-caca-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-xml2-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-dvdnav-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --disable-cddax \ --disable-vcdx \ --enable-goom \ --enable-twolame \ --enable-dvdread \ --enable-debug \ --enable-libtool
7. execute

make
and if you like to install VLC

make install
8. If you like to create the installer package for win32 you also have to enable the mozilla plugin in your configure script otherwise you get an error when creating the installer package.

I will post the error when using the latest vlc-trunk separately in the VLC forum so that it is going to be solved in the next time.
I build the VLC without enabling the java-bindings. Because with java-bindings enabled I still got the following error that I will try to solve:
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_09/bin/javac VLCExample.java
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk/bindings/java'
Making all in src
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk/bindings/java/src'
Makefile:471: *** Befehle beginnen vor dem ersten Ziel. Schluss.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk/bindings/java/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk/bindings/java'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk/bindings'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bendeb4rc1/VLC/vlc-trunk'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
bendeb4rc1@t3010:~/VLC/vlc-trunk$
As soon as I will succeed building VLC with enabled java bindings I will make a post again.

greetz,
Benjamin

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”