NoVideo(XVid .avi only) since 20050514 Movieplayer(Dbox2)

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
jonny

NoVideo(XVid .avi only) since 20050514 Movieplayer(Dbox2)

Postby jonny » 15 Jun 2005 22:52

Hi,

After testing some of the nightly builds, I have found the below problems with regard to playback of .avi files with an XVid codec on the dbox movieplayer. Windows XP.

Note the builds were tested after making the dboxfiles.html modification mentioned in this thread >viewtopic.php?p=30160#30160

1. Buffering issue

Since build 200504090324 there are frequent buffering messages displayed on screen and obviously a break in audio/video during this time. Build 200504080325 is ok when tested with the same .avi file.

2. No Video output

Since build 20050514 there is no video displayed on screen, just audio. Build 20050513 is ok when tested with the same .avi file.

The video problem is prevalent right upto the latest build 20050614, although it is difficult to tell if the buffering issue is still present, due to the lack of video output.

Hope this helps.

ATB

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 16 Jun 2005 22:13

1: this message?

Code: Select all

late buffer for mux input
Please, in the future, always paste EXACT messages. There are so many messages that contain the word buffer, it's impossible to make a clear assumption (this message was added at that day, that's why i suspect it's this one.

BTW. i think this occurs if the input pace cannot keep up with the output pace.

2: displayed where?
more exact problem description please.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Jonny

Postby Jonny » 17 Jun 2005 14:49

Hi,

Thanks for your response. To clarify and answer your questions:

1. It frequently displays 'buffering' on the TV screen whilst streaming a XVid movie via the DBOX movieplayer.

2. On the TV set via DBOX Movieplayer. There is sound but no video when streaming Xvid movies.

I don't have any error logs. I just know that the problems started in the previously mentioned builds.

PT-1

Postby PT-1 » 22 Jun 2005 20:35

Problem is as mentioned before the Developers of VLC do not have a Dbox 2 to test "our" issues and the buffering message comes from the Mediaplayer of the Dbox.

Try a serial nullmodem cable and open Hyperterminal 9600 Baud 8 Stopbits and parity even and try to reproduce your fault. You might catch something in the serial console of the Dbox.

PT-1

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2005 17:11

@PT-1 Sounds like a good idea, but I'll need to get the soldering iron out and make a longer serial cable.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”