green line still there?!

macOS specific usage questions
jhands

green line still there?!

Postby jhands » 20 May 2006 16:51

im using the latest version of vlc. and im having the same problesm as previous versions on teh issue of the green line. while playing certain .avi files (xvid's) a green line appears diagonally across the screen. it connects to another green line that runs horizontally at the botom of teh movie. they kinda make a right triangle and the area inside teh triangle is shfited from teh rest of teh movie. any solutions?? my weekend will be boring if i didnt get to watch some movies pleaaaaseeee help me resolve this. :(

green too

Postby Guest » 21 May 2006 16:27

me too dame problem, only have it on my mac mini intel though with 0.85

Postby Guest » 22 May 2006 08:16

same problem that i am having, it just started, i don't understand. Mac Mini intel vlc 0.85

tintinaujapon

Green triangle on Intel Mac Mini VLC screen

Postby tintinaujapon » 29 May 2006 12:36

I've just set up a Mac Mini for friends who use their computer a lot for video.

I've never had any problems with VLC on my PowerBook but the green triangle appears across most video on the Mac Mini when using VLC.

Have trawled the Net for a solution but not found one so far.

tintinaujapon

Green triangle on Intel Mac Mini VLC screen

Postby tintinaujapon » 29 May 2006 12:36

I've just set up a Mac Mini for friends who use their computer a lot for video.

I've never had any problems with VLC on my PowerBook but the green triangle appears across most video on the Mac Mini when using VLC.

Have trawled the Net for a solution but not found one so far.

blindlemonjefferson

green triangle (VLC Player 0.8.5 on Intel Mac Mini)

Postby blindlemonjefferson » 06 Jun 2006 04:05

I also had the "green triangle" problem when using the 0.8.5 player.

My "solution" was to re-install the 0.8.4 player.

Not much of a solution but it worked.

I'm using the 0.8.4a download from http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/

tintinaujapon

Postby tintinaujapon » 13 Jun 2006 15:11

BlindLemonJefferson, sometimes the simplest solutions right in front of us are the hardest to see. Thanks a lot - problem sorted.

Phat Mannequin

Postby Phat Mannequin » 18 Jun 2006 03:20

I have the green line too. Switching back to the prev version fixes the problem. Unfortunately it's not a universal binary.

Matias Jansen

Green line in 0.8.5

Postby Matias Jansen » 18 Jun 2006 14:50

Hi VLC Guys

First of all, thank you for developing this marvellous piece of software, it's really great to use, especially on Apple systems. I really can't imagine what i would use if there was no VLC.

Ok, so here's my problem, i noticed after writing this message that this is a existing problem, but bare with me. :)

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3609/picture10fu.png
Let me try to explain what's going on in this screencap.

I recently bought an iMac Core Duo 2.0 Ghz running on OSX 10.4.6. Lately I downloaded some films to enjoy on my new 20" screen, but i encountered a rather weird rendering glitch in VLC 0.8.5 for OSX.

When starting up a couple of movies (all xvid encoded avi files from a warez group called aXXo) there appears a green pixel-ish line witch runs from the upper right corner to the lower left corner, and from there runs to the lower right corner.

At first I tought this was just a badly encoded film, or the torrent malfunctioned a bit while downloading, so i put this theory to the test. I booted up parallels workstation in wich i run Windows XP professional, and downloaded VLC 0.8.5 for windows. Then i started the same file in VLC under windows, and the glitch did not appear.

The problem keeps on re-ocurring in OSX, and i haven't been able to recreate the same glitch under windows.

I've encountered this problem with a few aXXo avi xvid files, but the rest of aXXo files in my collection run without any problems.

I now use the PPC build 0.8.4 to view my movies, wich actually works fine. But sadly, has no intel binary version.

To avoid legal trouble, i choose to not upload the video to your ftp server (wich would be a bit of a drag since it's 900MB) so in stead i'll post a .zip with the crash log and torrent embedded.

ftp://streams.videolan.org:21//incoming/Archive.zip

With kind regards,

Matias Jansen, the Netherlands

smoothcue

VLC N' AXXO

Postby smoothcue » 04 Jul 2006 00:21

Matias hit this problem bang on. I too have an intel mac 20". Same story. Axxo is the product problem for this re-emerging green line.

although Axxo films are great and thourough they dont work on Version 0.8.5-test2....... then again this is only a test VLC. i am sure we are in for a short wait before we get a universal solution and fix in later editions for intel. For now as said jump down to PPC build 0.8.4 and enjoy your flicks.

MacLover
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MacLover » 22 Nov 2006 11:35

Download the 0.8.6 beta/test version. This fixes the aXXo "green triangle" problem.

Sekach
New Cone
New Cone

Re: green line still there?!

Postby Sekach » 27 Nov 2007 22:42

Hey mates, i solved this problem just before i saw this page... I think its not about version of VLC, although u may fixed it that way.

1.Go to preferences / Video / Output Modules
2.then click advanced options checkbox
3.and change modul

I changed it to OpenGL video output and it works!

madmax_2069
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: green line still there?!

Postby madmax_2069 » 28 Nov 2007 14:27

Hey mates, i solved this problem just before i saw this page... I think its not about version of VLC, although u may fixed it that way.

1.Go to preferences / Video / Output Modules
2.then click advanced options checkbox
3.and change modul

I changed it to OpenGL video output and it works!
wow you went grave digging on this, did you look at the date of the last post above yours, the last date was just over a year ago.

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”