Feature requests for VLC.
DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: y
Operating System: windows 10 64bit Pro

Digital audio support

Postby DGMurdockIII » 17 Aug 2009 23:24

IM not sure if videolan allread supports this but can we get support for digital audio , if it allready supported are there any setting i need to set to to make it use digital

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Digital audio support

Postby VLC_help » 18 Aug 2009 17:01

Please, don't make feature requests on daily basis unless you a have good reasons for those requests. SPDIF support has been in VLC for years.

jeroensky
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 0.9.8a
Operating System: Windows & Linux

Re: Digital audio support

Postby jeroensky » 18 Aug 2009 19:11

IM not sure if videolan allread supports this but can we get support for digital audio , if it allready supported are there any setting i need to set to to make it use digital
Since 14 september '06 ,member with now 340 post.

And you never saw s/p-dif in VLC audio configuration? OMG. :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spdif
Ok here we go.
Of course first you need to configure soundcard itselves so that the audio output is going to S/P-dif, and not to analog outputs.
Second, if Amplifier with S/P-dif input has Dolby©®℗ dac's(decoders) onboard , then disable Dolby©®℗ decoding in soundcard settings, and be shure the S/p-dif out is bitstream, and not (l)pcm.
Now in VLC:
Start VLC, then "Tools" -> "Preferences" -> "Audio" -> select "Use S/pdif when available" then click "Save" at the bottom of that screen.
restart VLC and voila, you got digital out sound. (be shurethat the soundcard configuration of S/P-dif out is set to a samplerate that is supported by the receiver of the s/p-dif signal(as high as possible).

Here image example of OS-X VLC, but it'sthe same as Windows/Linux.
My mobile {PSP} linksite. .:: http://sites.google.com/site/jeroenskyterritory/ ::.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”