Feature requests for VLC.
Nyxis
New Cone
New Cone

Adding a bookmark to the video

Postby Nyxis » 04 Jan 2013 15:16

Hi.
I am sorry if this feature also exists.
Sometimes i haven't enough time to watch the movie completely and i have to interrupt it at some time.
After that i have to search this moment - when i stopped before. Maybe it's possible to add some bookmark feature?
For examlpe:
When i close the video i press some button (or it will be automatically), and vlc remember the moment when i closed it. If i open the video again it will start from that moment.
It will be very comfortably to watch films with bookmarks.
Thanks =)

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Re: Adding a bookmark to the video

Postby mederi » 04 Jan 2013 16:59

Bookmarks:
VLC menu: Playback > Custom Bookmarks > Manage (Ctrl+B)
Media > Save Playlist to File... (Ctrl+Y)
Next time just open saved playlist in VLC and click the bookmark in Playback > Custom Bookmarks

VLC Extension script or VLC plugin for remembering last playback position: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=106361#p360151

flex567
New Cone
New Cone

Postby flex567 » 22 Mar 2014 09:52

how can you add a name or a description to the bookmark?

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby mederi » 22 Mar 2014 13:00

By clicking on bookmark's name in description column in bookmark editor. Then just check the saved playlist file in some text editor and delete redundand bookmark entries (bug) and you can also edit bookmarks' names there.

Another idea of remembering current media and playback position: Hotkeys, the interface Lua script for VLC-2.0.x

flex567
New Cone
New Cone

Postby flex567 » 23 Mar 2014 18:32

how can i get into bookmarks editor? when i open the bookmark editor (with ctrl + b) there is nothing there

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby mederi » 23 Mar 2014 20:28

Press the "Create" button to add a new bookmark for playing media.

newonvlc
New Cone
New Cone

Postby newonvlc » 04 Jun 2014 12:23

Bookmarks:
VLC menu: Playback > Custom Bookmarks > Manage (Ctrl+B)
Media > Save Playlist to File... (Ctrl+Y)
Next time just open saved playlist in VLC and click the bookmark in Playback > Custom Bookmarks

VLC Extension script or VLC plugin for remembering last playback position: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=106361#p360151
Hi, it's this step "Next time just open saved playlist in VLC and click the bookmark in Playback > Custom Bookmarks"
I close VLC, open it again, If i do ctrl+B i should see my savec bookmark or a empty bookmark list ? in fact after this step if i do ctrl+B i see a empty bookmark list But if i do Playback > Custom Bookmarks i see my saved bookmarks, And if i create a new bookmark then if i do crtl+B i do see all saved bokmark..

If you can help :D

Thank's

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby mederi » 04 Jun 2014 16:40

Yes, there are some bugs in Custom Bookmarks. I recommend you to use Custom Bookmarks in Media Library ("ml.xspf" playlist automatically saved and loaded by VLC).

newonvlc
New Cone
New Cone

Postby newonvlc » 04 Jun 2014 19:03

Yes, there are some bugs in Custom Bookmarks. I recommend you to use Custom Bookmarks in Media Library ("ml.xspf" playlist automatically saved and loaded by VLC).
automatically saved and loaded by VLC ? i have to save it and load it when i open again VLC.. how you do that ?

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby mederi » 04 Jun 2014 19:41

Media Library is a special playlist of your favorite media sources (local files, dvds, internet streams, ...).
View > Playlist > Media Library
Drag&drop items from Playlist or files from local drive or right-click wherever in area of active Media Library.

DanQ
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanQ » 28 Jul 2014 13:28

Wow, bookmarks are STILL broken in Rincewind !?

While playing a DVD, I set a bookmark at 01:24:00. The Bookmarks UI doesn't let me edit the name of the bookmark, so I click Edit. When I give the bookmark a name and click OK, the time morphs to 00:13:17. No matter what I try, the time stamp is hosed.

When I found that bookmarks were still broken, I instantly DID NOT CARE AT ALL about any of the other new features in VLC.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”