Facility to organize parts of different movies

Feature requests for VLC.
jayaprakash
New Cone
New Cone

Facility to organize parts of different movies

Postby jayaprakash » 25 Dec 2012 15:58

Facility to organize parts of different movies and play it as one stream.
For example, I have many complete movies. I want to hear only song portions of all these movies. It is hard to clip music separately and join it as one file. Different movies has different aspect ratio, pixel size, audio channels etc. We have to escape from all these issues and have to play it as it is, but only the specified part. After compiling all the music areas, it should be possible to save that particular file. Whenever i want to see this music videos again, just simply open the saved file and play it. Thus we can save a lot of disk space, effort for rendering etc. This idea is similar to the one which is using in the video editing programs. Import videos, cut unwanted areas, arrange as a stream and finally render it to a file. Here instead of rendering directly save it as a file for future use. Is it possible in VLC Player?

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Re: Facility to organize parts of different movies

Postby mederi » 25 Dec 2012 16:39

You can create a playlist with advanced options :start-time=x :stop-time=y for each item. Just load files in VLC playlist, then Media > Save Playlist to File... Then open the playlist file in some text editor (Notepad) and edit particular items as needed. Here is an example of M3U playlist format:

Code: Select all

#EXTM3U #EXTINF:5400,Film.2012.avi #EXTVLCOPT:start-time=100 #EXTVLCOPT:stop-time=120 D:\films\Film.2012.avi #EXTINF:5400,Film.2012.avi #EXTVLCOPT:start-time=180 #EXTVLCOPT:stop-time=190 D:\films\Film.2012.avi
Time is in seconds.
Some custom VLC Lua Extension script is possible that would help to create such a playlist.

jayaprakash
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jayaprakash » 29 Dec 2012 14:49

Excellent!
This is the one I want.
I tried it and working well.
But how i can visually arrange the start point and end point of each file.
Thank you very much!

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Postby mederi » 07 Jan 2013 18:04

You can also set custom bookmarks that can be saved in playlist.
Bookmarks: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=107364#p363619
Their times are in seconds, too. You can use it for options start-time / stop-time when editing the playlist.

bcourts
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bcourts » 27 Feb 2014 17:18

You could try my Clipper extension at http://addons.videolan.org/content/show ... ent=163792. It does not trim the video file itself, nor make other changes to the file. It allows you to visually go through a video (or several videos) and decide where to start and stop each one. After you save the playlist with that information, you (and anyone else) can load the playlist with VLC''s "Media | Open File" menu item, without using the extension.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”