VLC as UPnP client???

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
VLC_MAC_UPNP
New Cone
New Cone

VLC as UPnP client???

Postby VLC_MAC_UPNP » 04 Feb 2008 14:12

Hello,

I am searching the web as well as this forum but without success yet. My crucial question is:

How can I use the VLC (currently 0.8.6d Janus (Intel)) as a UPNP client on my Mac Mini? Here and there I find a quote that says "VLC works only as UPNP client, not as a server, sorry ..." but for me that would be great ... No need for a server. I am using Twonky and it is fine with the hardware UPNP clients I have and also the xbox 360. But where can I find a UPNP client for my Mac in the living room?

Please help

Yours thankfully

Frank

dylski
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC as UPnP client???

Postby dylski » 07 Feb 2008 00:36

Hmm, I'd have to second your question. I'm using 0.8.6d on Windows and can't find any option to browse my media server. I assumed it would be under Service Discovery in the playlist manager, alongside Shoutcast, etc., but nope, not there.

I'm baffled because I've searched the forums, rummaged through the wiki and searched through the documentation but found nothing of help - just hints in places that it exists!

VLC_MAC_UPNP
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC as UPnP client???

Postby VLC_MAC_UPNP » 08 Feb 2008 18:55

Hey,

it would be nice to find a reliable answer at all. Cant't anybody say something about this topic???

Please, it is ... well, not important ... but I'm seriously searching for a solution.

Thanks a lot

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”