Directshow input using BlackMagic Intensity

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Directshow input using BlackMagic Intensity

Postby Monsu » 23 May 2007 14:56

Hi!

I'm trying to capture video input from a BlackMagic Intensity HDMI capture card. I've managed to get it working so that I get a picture with BlackMagic logo and a text "No Video Input".

I believe the problem is that I'd have to set the correct video format that should be received (PAL in this case). But when I try to set the video format through device properties on the advanced options for capture, it doesn't help anything. Changing the video input pin doesn't effect anything either.

Is there any way I could force the PAL-videoformat option to the Intensity card? Anyone have any experiences on getting BlackMagic cards to work with VLC?

By choosing PAL-input from the device properties I can get a correct input displayed with AMCap and GraphEdit -softwares, for example, but not with VLC. So the problem is clearly somewhere with the VLC's directshow settings.

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 29 May 2007 12:50

I managed to get it working. It was needed that the framerate was specified manually, to 25 in this case.

mik-d
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Directshow input using BlackMagic Intensity

Postby mik-d » 24 Jul 2007 16:59

Hello Monsu,

I tried so many times but nothing work. I have the Intensity Pro (Software/Driver Version 1.5) and latest VLC (0.8.6c).

With this options VLC crashes everytime:
dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Decklink Video Capture" :dshow-adev="Decklink Audio Capture" :dshow-size="1280x720" :dshow-fps="50.000000"

Can you (or someone else) give me the versions you are working with and the option you have set?
Thanks in advance.

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 30 Jul 2007 11:55

Ah, yes. The audio capture causes the VLC to crash, so only video capturing seems to work. Set the audio option to "none" and it should work. Also, if it still shows "no video input", try setting UYVY for color format.

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 27 Sep 2007 08:39

I ran into some new problems with the card. As I wrote before, I managed to get the input working with PAL-material.
Now what I'm trying to do is take in some HD 720p 60Hz material from my home theater scaler to the Intensity, and open it using VLC player. I need to use VLC player for it's streaming capabilities.

When I try to open the HD material it says in VLC's debug messages the following:

Code: Select all

main debug: adding playlist item `dshow://' ( dshow:// ) main debug: creating new input thread main debug: waiting for thread completion main debug: thread 4180 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:265) main debug: creating statistics handler main debug: `dshow://' gives access `dshow' demux `' path `' main debug: creating demux: access='dshow' demux='' path='' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate dshow debug: found device: Decklink Video Capture dshow debug: using device: Decklink Video Capture dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: Capture dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: ~VANC dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: ~Timecode dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: trying pin Capture dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin default format configured dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin media: unsupported format (video v210) dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: trying pin ~VANC dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:1280, height:720, fps:23.976043 dshow debug: CaptureFilter::JoinFilterGraph dshow debug: connecting filters dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection dshow debug: CapturePin::ConnectedTo [not connected] dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo dshow debug: CaptureFilter::QueryFilterInfo dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryAccept [OK] (width=1280, height=30, chroma=UYVY, fps=23.976043) dshow debug: CapturePin::ReceiveConnection [OK] dshow debug: CapturePin::NotifyAllocator dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryAccept [OK] (width=1280, height=30, chroma=UYVY, fps=23.976043) dshow debug: filters connected successfully !
So for some reason it doesn't accept the output from the Capture pin and then tries to use the ~VANC pin. This results in a picture 1280x30 pixels from the top of the output, which obviously is no good :)

In other directshow viewers, such as just plain Microsoft Graph builder or Media Express included with the Intensity the output opens correctly.
What I'm guessing is that the VLC directshow-modules simply does not support the HD-format (v210 it seems) which the Intensity card offers throught directshow. It should use the cards own decoder dll, which other players manage to do, but this just has not been programmed to the VLC players directshow.

Anyway, that's just what I'm thinking at the moment. Any ideas or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. If you can suggest another solution/software for streaming the HD-content over LAN that would be helpful too.

stefo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stefo » 09 Oct 2007 09:25

Hello Monsu,

I have just bought HDMI Blackmagic Intensity Pro card.
I am trying to capture video input from a this card, but I am unsuccessfull.
VLC player always displays only black window, I can not display a picture with BlackMagic logo and a text "No Video Input" at all.

I am using following syntax
dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Decklink Video Capture" :dshow-adev="none" :dshow-size="" :dshow-fps=25.000000

There are messages from VLC:

main debug: adding playlist item `dshow://' ( dshow:// )
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 4632 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:265)
main debug: `dshow://' gives access `dshow' demux `' path `'
main debug: creating demux: access='dshow' demux='' path=''
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate
dshow debug: found device: Decklink Video Capture
dshow debug: using device: Decklink Video Capture
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: Capture
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: ~VANC
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: output pin: ~Timecode
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: trying pin Capture
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin default format configured
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin media: unsupported format (video v210)
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: trying pin ~VANC
dshow debug: EnumDeviceCaps: input pin accepts chroma: UYVY, width:1280, height:30, fps:25.000000
dshow debug: CaptureFilter::JoinFilterGraph
dshow debug: connecting filters
dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins
dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryDirection
dshow debug: CapturePin::ConnectedTo [not connected]
dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo
dshow debug: CaptureFilter::QueryFilterInfo
dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryPinInfo
dshow debug: CaptureFilter::EnumPins
dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryAccept [OK] (width=1280, height=30, chroma=UYVY, fps=25.000000)
dshow debug: CapturePin::ReceiveConnection [OK]
dshow debug: CapturePin::NotifyAllocator
dshow debug: CapturePin::QueryAccept [OK] (width=1280, height=30, chroma=UYVY, fps=25.000000)
dshow debug: filters connected successfully !
dshow debug: MEDIATYPE_Video
dshow debug: selected video pin accepts format: UYVY
dshow debug: found device: SigmaTel Audio
dshow debug: found device: Decklink Audio Capture
dshow error: can't use device: None, unsupported device type
dshow error: can't open audio
dshow debug: Playing...

I tried to capture video input with AMCamp software and there was no problem.
There was displayed picture witch Blackmagic logo and the text "No video Input".
If I connected my Set-top-box (RCA output connector) with Blackmagic card (Y input), I was able to watch TV in AMCamp,
but VLC always displays black window.

Can you help, how Can I manage to get it working

Thanks in advance

Stefo

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 10 Oct 2007 12:36

As said above, the situation how I have got it working is with PAL input and with no audio. The command for that is as follows:

dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Decklink Video Capture" :dshow-adev="none" :dshow-chroma="UYVY" :dshow-fps=25.000000

So you have to force the UYVY-chroma and it should work. What comes to other input formats (v210 and HDYC), some editing of the source code and compiling your own version would be needed, at least at the moment.

stefo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby stefo » 11 Oct 2007 14:58

Hi,

Thank you for your advice.
You were right.
Now, it works with PAL input (I connected my set-top-box to video card), but there are some problems.
I am using following command (as you mentioned)
dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Decklink Video Capture" :dshow-adev="none" :dshow-chroma="UYVY" :dshow-fps=25.000000

At the beginning, I see TV correctly , but after a while it displays only LOGO and text "No video input".

Did you observe this problem with your card?

My setting is as follows:

Blackmagic INtensity Set input: NTSC/PAL (Y In) & Analog RCA Audio
Video format : PAL 8-bit 4:2:2

Thanks in advance

Stefo

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 15 Oct 2007 08:29

No, I haven't experienced that kind of behavior. You might try to play with the refresh-rates a bit, try if PAL and 50 or NTSC 30/60 makes any difference.
If that doesn't help, I'm pretty much out of ideas after that I'm afraid.

Snipe3000
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Snipe3000 » 29 Feb 2008 20:41

Hi everyone,
Im having some trouble getting VLC to display the intensity card video capture.
I tried the command mentioned above
"dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Decklink Video Capture" :dshow-adev="none" :dshow-chroma="UYVY" :dshow-fps=25.000000"
But still I get nothing, and im not sure if they changed the settings for the intensity card in the new updates, cause I cant find anywhere to change the settings to PAL or anything like that. The only setting I see are for HDMI or component input and output selection.

Thanks.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”