Zoom not working if "Resize to native size" is disabled

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
arcane
New Cone
New Cone

Zoom not working if "Resize to native size" is disabled

Postby arcane » 15 Jan 2010 22:40

If I disable "Resize interface to native video size" (in the preferences under Interface/Main interfaces/QT) zoom ist not working anymore. Whatever size I choose (quarter, half, original, double) - nothing happens. I would like to set the video to it's original size, but I want to do that manually. If I just enable "Resize interface..." the interface gets resized everytime the videofile is changed. I do not want that to happen.

Is there a way to manually set a specific zoom factor (like 1:1) while "Resize interface to native video size" is disabled?

I'm using VLC 1.0.3 on Windows 7 but had the same problem on other operating systems and VLC versions.

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Zoom not working if "Resize to native size" is disabled

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 16 Jan 2010 09:51

In the contextual menu, yes.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

arcane
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Zoom not working if "Resize to native size" is disabled

Postby arcane » 16 Jan 2010 13:30

Do you mean Video/Zoom in the context menu? Nothing happens when I click the different zoom factors (1:4, 1:2, 1:1 or 1:2) if "Resize to native size" is disabled.

There is an option named "Scale" under "Video" in the menu and the context menu. What is it for? Nothing seems to change whether it's on or off.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”