[BUG] Chewbacca voices sounds when pause/unpause

Want to help the VideoLAN project? Designers, testers, translators, please come...
This is NOT about GETTING some help.
Forum rules
Please read the forum's rules carefully before posting. This forum should not be used to post VLC usage related questions.
flyingcarpet
New Cone
New Cone

[BUG] Chewbacca voices sounds when pause/unpause

Postby flyingcarpet » 20 Sep 2008 12:26

Hi all, i hope i'm posting in the right place

first of all, i'm not very good in english, please be nice with me about that.

I'm reporting a bug with the new vlc 0.9.2 on Vista 32 bits (hope anyone hasnt already done this )

The situation: I start to watch a movie (.avi) with vlc and at the beginning, i also add subtitles (via "video"=>"subtitles" etc etc)

i double click to see it full screen and when i pause the movie AND make it smaller (change to desktop of vista) when i want to unpause it, (the space bar doesnt work then) and click on the "play" button, The voices of actors sound very odd, like Chewbacca :D

and sometimes the movie is getting slower

my configuration : (laptop dell) vista 32 bits SP1, T8300, 4go ram, nvidia 8600m

By the way, nice job to the dev, 0.9.2 looks nice :)

hfswjyr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: [BUG] Chewbacca voices sounds when pause/unpause

Postby hfswjyr » 24 Sep 2008 13:51

You probably accidentally hit the "-" button to make the video/audio to play slower. Sometimes VLC detects the "-" button first, so when you hit spacebar it is causing it to activate the "-".

tripaz
New Cone
New Cone

Postby tripaz » 29 Sep 2008 23:54

I can confirm this bug,
this is definately not an accidental push of the "-" button. It's a bug. This has happend to me twice already. I was not using any subtitles etc as original poster was.

System:
WinXP
VLC 0.92

Watching an .avi file in fullscreen mode I hit the spacebar to pause the video, but instead of pausing the video goes into slowmotion (same as hitting "-" twice). Hitting the pause button and playbutton again, by either using spacebar or the graphical controls does not resolve the problem. As I said it has already happend twice and I definately did not accidentally push a wrong button.

Hope this bug is fixed in the next version
thanks in advance,

ps: is there a offical bugtracker or a place where one can submit bug reports to the devs`?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 01 Oct 2008 03:26

Could you people search the forum. This is FIXED.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “Contribute and help the VideoLAN project”