Embedding VLC ActiveX in WIndows Sidebar Gadget

All you've ever wanted to know about the ActiveX, Mozilla plugins, the web interface and various PHP extensions
newimagenio
New Cone
New Cone

Embedding VLC ActiveX in WIndows Sidebar Gadget

Postby newimagenio » 09 Oct 2007 15:31

Hello:
First of all excuse my Engiish but I currently speak Spanish.
I'm trying to make a Sidebar Gadget with the VLC ActiveX but my code does not work. It seems the ActiveX is not loaded into the gadget although it works fine as a standalone web page. The scripting is very simple:

Code: Select all

<HTML><HEAD> <script> function doGo(targetURL) { var vlc = document.getElementById("vlc"); vlc.playlist.clear(); vlc.playlist.add(targetURL); vlc.playlist.play(); } </script> </HEAD> <body style="width:130px;height:120px;font-family:Tahoma;font-size:7pt;"> <INPUT size="6" id="targetTextField" value="sample.mp4" NAME="targetTextField"> <INPUT type=submit value="Go" onClick="doGo(document.getElementById('targetTextField').value);" ID="Submit1" NAME="Submit1"> <OBJECT classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921" codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab#Version=0,8,6,0" width="120" height="80" id="vlc" events="True" VIEWASTEXT> <param name="MRL" value="" /> <param name="ShowDisplay" value="True" /> <param name="AutoLoop" value="False" /> <param name="AutoPlay" value="False" /> <param name="Volume" value="50" /> <param name="StartTime" value="0" /> </OBJECT> </BODY></HTML>
I have tried with this other code:

Code: Select all

<HTML> <head> <script> function go() { document.getElementById("texto").value="adios"; loadControl(); } function stop() { vlc.playlist.stop(); } function loadControl() { var vlc = new ActiveXObject("VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2"); vlc.MRL="sample.mp4"; vlc.playlist.play(); document.getElementById("texto").value= vlc.playlist.isPlaying; } </script> </head> <body style="width:130px;height:120px;font-family:Tahoma;font-size:7pt;"> <INPUT type="button" value="Go" onClick="go();"> <INPUT type="button" value="Stop" onClick="stop();"> <INPUT type="text"id="texto" value=""> <br> </BODY> </HTML>
In this case, the ActiveX Control is loaded in both, the standalone page and the Gadget, but the display does not appear and I can not watch or hear the movie.

I have read that in order to get an ActiveX working in Gadgets, they mut be trust-signed. Is that true?
Any ideas?

Regards

Return to “Web and scripting”