Web Interface Always Repeats First Item

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
fmustang76
New Cone
New Cone

Web Interface Always Repeats First Item

Postby fmustang76 » 04 Dec 2008 19:41

Here is my best attempt to describe the problem I am having that started with the .9.x series and was not present in the .8.x series. At the bottom is my version number along with any other info I felt was needed. This was repeated on 3 computers, all different hardware, with the same repeatable results.

I recently removed version 0.8.6i to upgrade to the new version. I even deleted the entire install folder and cleaned my registry to make sure nothing was left behind. I have tried 0.9.4 and 0.9.6 with the same problem. I have done this both on the local computer and the LAN. This happens when playing locally, over the LAN or viewing a stream locally or over the LAN.

I enable the Web Interface either as the only interface or as an extra interface, and then I go to the web page interface and add .avi video items to my playlist. I start the first video in my playlist and at the end of that video, VLC will automatically replay that first playlist video regardless of the other items in the playlist. I have made sure that neither "Repeat" nor "Loop" were selected and neither shows as selected. Now, if I do the same thing but this time select a video that is not first on the playlist, it will play to the end of that video and when it should play the next video in the playlist, it again goes to the first playlist item and plays that. Then it will play each item in the order shown in the playlist starting from that first playlist item and not from where I started the playlist at. This also happens if I only have 1 item on my playlist. It will repeat that 1 playlist item then stop unless I select repeat or loop.

If I add the video items to the playlist using the GUI interface, then use the Web interface to start the playlist, the same thing happens. If I add the items through the GUI interface, and start the playlist from the GUI interface, everything plays in the order shown and the first playlist item is not repeated. Thinking it might be an error in the html of the newest version, I replaced the web interface files with those from the 0.8.6i installation, and that does not change anything. It still repeats the first item in the playlist as described above. Even if I enable "Loop", this still happens but only happens when playing the first time through the playlist. Any additional "Loops" through the playlist will not result in this happening.

I have checked all settings I can find in regards to this repeating and I have been unable to determine that it is a setting. I have also tested downgrading back to 0.8.6i and that version does not display this problem. So at least for now, I will be using that version again. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas just let me know and I will reply asap.

VLC Version 0.9.6
Windows XP SP2
2 PC's, Various Hardware
1 Laptop Dell Vostro 1500

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Web Interface Always Repeats First Item

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 05 Dec 2008 11:33

Please fill a bug.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

fmustang76
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Web Interface Always Repeats First Item

Postby fmustang76 » 05 Dec 2008 17:07

Thanks. I plan on filling out a bug report, just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing to confirm it isn't just some setting I'm missing. :?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”