DVB-T and playlist

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

DVB-T and playlist

Postby Lotesdelere » 20 Sep 2008 12:42

I have troubles when trying to play DVB-T from a playlist.
I'm using five main frequencies each one is broadcasting several channels on a TS stream. So the idea is to put all of the needed parameters into a playlist so I don't have to use any VLC menu to switch frequencies.

I made a playlist which looks like this:

Code: Select all

#EXTM3U #EXTVLCOPT:dvb-frequency=490000 #EXTVLCOPT:dvb-bandwidth=8 #EXTVLCOPT:sout=#duplicate{dst=display} #EXTVLCOPT:sout-display-delay=1024 dvbt://
But when I'm trying to play it, it just doesn't work and I got these errors messages:

main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'dvbt://' main error: unsafe option "dvb-frequency" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dvb-bandwidth" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "sout" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "sout-display-delay" has been ignored for security reasons
Why is it unsafe from a playlist but not when using the exact same parameters from the advanced options command line ?

This is with a M3U but I got the same behaviour with a XSPF.
I've tried with DVB-T only because I have no DVB-S/C hardware.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: DVB-T and playlist

Postby VLC_help » 20 Sep 2008 17:04

It is unsafe because VLC can open m3u files directly from internet. So it could be possible to do evil things with specially designed m3u files. That is why you need command line option that AFAIK has vanished to somewhere.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 20 Sep 2008 20:56

Argh, I've just noticed that it's also the same for dshow:// commands :-|

main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'TV2' main error: unsafe option "dshow-vdev" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-adev" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-caching" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-fps" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-config" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-tuner" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-tuner-channel" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-tuner-country" has been ignored for security reasons main error: unsafe option "dshow-tuner-input" has been ignored for security reasons
I'm used to used these in a playlist for my analog TV tuner as well and that worked fine in previous versions.
That is why you need command line option that AFAIK has vanished to somewhere.
That's not cool. There should be an option in the advanced preferences to allow these commands to work from a playlist which is the only way AFAIK to easily switch channels on such devices. Opening a menu each time you want to change channel is just plain annoying even though I understand the security reasons.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 21 Sep 2008 19:03

So I've posted a feature request here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50436

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”