Frame by Frame causes normal playback to stop working when playing over network

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Rojma
New Cone
New Cone

Frame by Frame causes normal playback to stop working when playing over network

Postby Rojma » 01 Apr 2019 21:33

I am having a strange issue. I connect to a remote share between two Windows 10 PCs and play some video from the share using VLC. Both PCs are local and on the same LAN. Playback works fine and and I can both see and hear the video. However if I start using the Frame by Frame feature, which works, when I switch back to normal playback by hitting the Play button, I hear the audio continue but the video does not. The video stays at the last frame I looked at when using the Frame by Frame feature. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is closing out of the video and opening it again. Trying to go to another part of the video our pausing the video and playing again does not fix it.

The issue does not reproduce when I play the video on the PC where the video is located instead of going over the network. Everything works as expected when played locally on the PC.

Video I was looking at is DVD video that I ripped into MKV format with no re-encoding. Issue appears to happen across different videos. Using latest version of 64bit VLC 3.0.6 on Windows 10 1809.

unidan
Developer
Developer

Re: Frame by Frame causes normal playback to stop working when playing over network

Postby unidan » 02 Apr 2019 12:58

Hi, can you provide your logs ?
To help you, we need messages, to completely understand what your problems is.
To fix this, please be sure before you start the playback to:
  1. Open: Tools -> Messages.
  2. Set Verbosity to 2
  3. Start playback to reproduce your issue
  4. Save text in a file or copy into clipboard
  5. Then paste the full resulting log here between [​code]and[​/code] (or use Pastebin.com if it's too long)
Also don't forget to name your Operating System and provide the VLC media player version.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”