Vertical Sync?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Starviper
New Cone
New Cone

Vertical Sync?

Postby Starviper » 23 Jun 2008 11:48

Hi, it seems that when im watching a video in VLC player, it seems like I get that problem where normally like in a video games options menu, you can turn on V-Sync to fix it. I have no idea how to fix this in VLC however, and when there is quick motion in the video you can clearly see a line going down the screen. I don't get this problem with most other things, but it could be the format, which is usually in either .avi or .mkv, though I notice a lot of it also has a sort of .h264 coding in it I guess.
I don't think my PC is the problem, as I have pretty good hardware. Anyone got any idea what I need to do?
XP SP3, 2 gigs RAM, Duo 2.0, and a 8600m GT.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Vertical Sync?

Postby VLC_help » 23 Jun 2008 14:21

Try different video output modules to see if they make life any better.
You can also try to disable H.264 post processing to see if that helps.
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ#H.2 ... s_too_slow

Starviper
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Starviper » 23 Jun 2008 19:49

Thanks, I switched it to OpenGL and I don't get that anymore. Kind of odd since I usually find DirectX works best for most things.

EDIT: Nevermind.. Instead of a thin line running down now it's a stationary large black line. :|
And the h.264 thing didn't help much either. It's not a huge problem really, I can live with it, but if I can fix it id really like to.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 24 Jun 2008 16:24

You have VSYNC enabled in NVIDIA control panel?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”