Taskbar pops up when I click on the main toolbar

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
vbgirl1420
New Cone
New Cone

Taskbar pops up when I click on the main toolbar

Postby vbgirl1420 » 26 Oct 2009 00:22

I recently clean installed Windows 7 Home Premium and copied over the VLC 1.0.0 portable from my previous computer. When I play a video in fullscreen mode and click anywhere on the main toolbar, the taskbar pops up and blocks the toolbar. I updated to 1.0.2 but the problem persists. I should mention that clicking anywhere else on the screen does not cause the taskbar to appear.

One thing that I noticed is that when I opened the first video, the toolbar was not centered. I moved it toward the center and the problem seemed to start after that. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but if so, is there a way to reset the location of the toolbar in fullscreen mode? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jenna

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Taskbar pops up when I click on the main toolbar

Postby VLC_help » 26 Oct 2009 13:41

For reseting the full screen controller position,
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=51191&p=195067&hilit=point#p194200

vbgirl1420
New Cone
New Cone

Postby vbgirl1420 » 27 Oct 2009 05:26

I tried resetting the controller, but it didn't work. Next, I tried several other things:

1. Completely delete VLC including all references in hidden folders and in the registry. Then re-download 1.0.2 portable. Problem persists.
2. Completely delete VLC again and run it off a flash drive. Problem persists.

As a summary, when I am in full screen mode and click anywhere on the controller, the Windows taskbar pops up and blocks the controller. If I click anywhere else on the screen, the taskbar does not pop up. The first several videos I watched after installing Windows 7 were fine. All of a sudden, when I played a video, the controller was a bit un-centered. When I tried to re-center the controller, the issue began.

I am at a loss for ideas. Can anyone help me?

doofasi
New Cone
New Cone

Postby doofasi » 09 Jan 2010 06:35

Found a tweak around this at the seven forums. Here's the link http://www.sevenforums.com/customizatio ... s-top.html

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”