Language change

macOS specific usage questions
vostrushka
New Cone
New Cone

Language change

Postby vostrushka » 28 Jan 2008 18:12

All over the sudden my VLC changed interface to Russian. I use Russian language on my MAC and recently changed language from English US to English GB in the system. The thing is that only VLC shows Russian menus other applications are not affected at all.
Could someone help me to solve this small problem? Or does it look like a bug? I reinstalled latest version of VLC - 0.8.6d Janus (PowerPC) and I run MAC OSX 10.4.11.
Regards
Leonid

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Language change

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 28 Jan 2008 19:14

Go to preferences, interface and change the language.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Fr. Ignatius
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Fr. Ignatius » 14 Apr 2008 02:37

I did the above procedure to change the language (Russian) back to American, but this only changed about 50 - 60% of the program. I still cannot read certain parts of the menus because they are in Russian.

Please help me find a way to get it closer to English. Thank you.

Unworthy Servant of God,

Ignaty - priestmonk

tsipo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby tsipo » 17 Apr 2008 16:42

Pomaže Bog,

I had the same problem, not with Russian but with Hebrew. This is the way I solved the problem:
First what you need to do is to start VLC, under VLC menu select Preferences..., select the last menu Interface. In the opened dialog box, in the drop-down list of Language select the first item in the list Auto. Click Save and under VLC menu Quit VLC.
Now open Mac OS System Preferences ->International pane->Language. There drag "Russian" (you'll see that in Russian itself, that is Русский) to be below "English". Not below "British English" (that doesn't affect it) or any other variant of English, but below "English" itself (if you don't have it then add "English" using "Edit list"). Close International pane, and restart VLC. It does the trick.

Svako dobro od Gospoda,
Roy

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”